11 Quickfire Conclusions As Late OG Retains Liverpool’s Title Hopes Alive
Liverpool left it very late to seize a stoppage-time personal aim as they noticed off Spurs at Anfield to maintain their title hopes alive.
Roberto Firmino opened the scoring for Liverpool within the opening 15 minutes following a lovely Andy Robertson cross from the left-hand facet.
The house facet dominated the primary 45 minutes however couldn’t snatch a second aim as Spurs started to develop into the sport within the second half.
They bought their reward within the 70th minute when some fast considering from Harry Kane picked out Christian Eriksen whose cross discovered Lucas Moura for the equaliser.
It was the house facet nonetheless who discovered the late winner after Mo Salah’s header throughout the field was saved by Hugo Lloris earlier than the ball struck Toby Alderweireld and located the web.
Listed below are 11 quickfire conclusions as Liverpool depart it late to see off Spurs.
1) Pochettino opted to line up in a 3-5-2 formation towards Liverpool however after 10 minutes it turned clear that the Reds’ fullbacks would have far an excessive amount of house to create with out anybody immediately marking them.
2) Andy Robertson had the liberty of Anfield to place in a pleasant cross as Bobby Firmino headed in Liverpool’s opener, whereas on the opposite facet Alexander-Arnold discovered himself in house so ceaselessly within the first half.
3) 9 assists now within the Premier League for Andy Robertson who has reworked into one of many best full-backs within the league.
4) Mane and Salah additionally had a key position to play within the Liverpool full-backs having a lot house. They pinned Kieran Trippier and Danny Rose again in direction of their very own aim which freed up Robertson and Alexander-Arnold.
5) Spurs appeared disjointed at instances within the opening 45 minutes however confirmed indicators of promise when the likes of Alli and Kane picked the ball up in attacking positions, though most of them have been on account of Liverpool errors.
6) Pochettino’s facet have been capable of develop into the second half, with Lucas Moura particularly wanting vigorous however it suited Liverpool quite a bit as they labored properly on the counter-attack.
7) It was the Brazilian although who did seize the equaliser, ending properly from shut vary because the nerves began to kick in massively for Klopp’s facet.
8) Additionally price crediting the extremely fast considering of Harry Kane who, regardless of wanting quiet within the recreation, was very sharp with the free-kick to begin off the assault which led to the aim.
9) Mo Salah appeared harmful all through the sport however as Gary Neville put it he additionally appeared determined too, oftentimes attempting to drive issues as a aim continued to elude him.
10) The little Egyptian did come up trumps nonetheless as his header throughout the field was saved by Hugo Lloris earlier than the ball struck Toby Alderweireld and located the web.
11) 19 targets within the final 15 minutes of video games is a clutch statistic and is one thing that Liverpool will have a look at as essential ought to this be the season they lastly win their maiden Premier League title.