11 Quickfire Conclusions As Leeds’ Promotion Hopes Dashed By Brentford
Leeds United’s computerized promotion ambitions had been all however ended at Griffin Park as they had been defeated 2-Zero by Brentford.
The away aspect dominated the possession and had the vast majority of the possibilities however Brentford’s scientific nature was the distinction as targets from Neal Maupay within the first half and Sergi Canos within the second helped them to victory.
Sheffield United’s victory over Hull Metropolis earlier at this time implies that Leeds at the moment are three factors behind the Blades with a far superior aim distinction and two video games to go.
Listed here are 11 quickfire conclusions as Leeds’ promotion hopes had been dashed by Brentford.
1) Brentford proved as soon as once more that they’re probably the most unpredictable groups within the Championship. They will blow away groups on their day and play some wonderful soccer however their kind has been so inconsistent. It’s laborious to consider they’re 15th based mostly on at this time’s show.
2) There’s little doubt that Leeds have performed a few of the best soccer within the division this season however their wastefulness in entrance of aim has clearly been their Achilles heel. As soon as once more that they had possibilities early by means of Patrick Bamford and Tyler Roberts however couldn’t discover the opener.
3) Marcelo Bielsa can’t be criticised for the miracle work he has performed at Leeds this season but it surely’s tough to see why he wouldn’t reintroduce Kemar Roofe to the beginning XI. Bamford has been greater than able to stepping up however Roofe’s tempo and scientific ending appears to go well with the aspect significantly better.
4) On Bamford, he is a superb striker for Championship stage and is silky in possession however he arguably ought to rating extra with the possibilities he’s given. It could be very fascinating to see how he’d do within the Irish setup ought to he declare sooner or later.
5) Leeds dominated the primary half an hour or so when it comes to possession and possibilities however Brentford striker Neal Maupay confirmed how harmful he could be together with his aim. The Frenchman now has 24 league targets this marketing campaign and has been excellent for the Bees.
6) One other high quality younger participant in Brentford’s ranks is Sergi Canos. The Spaniard performed Maupay in for Brentford’s aim and grabbed one himself within the second half. An actual expertise.
7) One other Spaniard although was notably quiet. Pablo Hernandez has been excellent for Leeds United this season however so usually he discovered himself on the periphery of the sport towards Brentford within the first hour or so particularly.
8) The distinction on this recreation actually was the scientific nature of Brentford’s assaults. Given the possibility, they punished Leeds‘ defence and it’s tough to say that they didn’t deserve the victory at Griffin Park.
9) The narrative of Bielsa’s sides working out of steam in the direction of the top of a season is one thing that has been mentioned however over the previous couple of weeks, it actually appears to be coming to fruition. Two defeats in a row and an inconsistent run since Christmas has seen them go from high to 3rd.
10) The penalty choice within the first half might have modified the sport however Leeds and Bielsa will have a look at this recreation as certainly one of their worst shows of the marketing campaign.
11) It’s very prone to be the playoffs for Leeds United this season given Sheffield United’s beneficial run in and it’ll be a massively tough ask. Contemplating the shape Aston Villa are in and the way tough the blow of lacking out on the highest two will likely be, it’s laborious to see Leeds coming by means of them.