Home » Football » Referee Forced To Abandon Football Game Following Alleged Assault
Football Irish Football match official attacked NEWS Top Story

Referee Forced To Abandon Football Game Following Alleged Assault

Referee Forced To Abandon Football Game Following Alleged Assault

Referee Pressured To Abandon Soccer Recreation Following Alleged Assault

An skilled referee was compelled to desert an area soccer recreation this previous weekend after being the sufferer of an alleged assault by one of many gamers.

The incident happened on Sunday morning within the fourth division of the Wexford Soccer League between The Ballagh United and Gorey Celtic.

Michael Comiskey was the referee in cost and it’s understood {that a} criticism has been made to the gardaí whereas the soccer league declare they intend to hold out a full investigation into the alleged assault.

Talking to the Impartial.ie, Wexford Soccer League secretary Gertrude Rowlands confirmed that the league remains to be ready on the referee’s report earlier than deciding on a plan of action.

“We are going to contemplate the referee’s report after which determine on a plan of action. There’s nothing extra we will say in the mean time.”

The incident is believed to have occurred within the 70th minute of the sport. Gorey Celtic have been 5-Zero in entrance when a participant from The Ballagh United is alleged to have carried out the assault leaving referee, Comiskey with no alternative however to desert the sport.

In accordance with the Impartial.ie, Colm O’Neill, chairman of The Ballagh United confirmed that the sport had certainly been deserted because of an alleged assault on a match official however stopped in need of confirming {that a} participant from his membership was concerned.

It’s believed Gardaí confirmed that they’d obtained a criticism of a minor assault at a soccer recreation on Sunday and that the alleged sufferer didn’t require medical consideration.

The incident comes six months after three Mullingar City gamers have been banned from all football-related exercise for 40 years following an assault on a match official, Daniel Sweeney, who needed to be handled for head accidents.